Wednesday, March 25, 2009

These are the altered book journals that my son Kieran's grade one class made...

The covers are made from old children board book panels; sanded and gessoed and then decorated with paint layering , collage and stamping techniques.
Aren't they just beautiful?
The kids really did an amazing job.
I was so thrilled looking at each one last night as I cut card stock, punched holes and then simply bound them with twine.
Every book is so different from the next,
just like the kids themselves...
In April, I will be going back into their class to teach some creative journaling and drawing to them in their new journals...

Meanwhile so many thoughts distracting me while I try to get ready and finish up my last bits of work before I leave for Artfest next week.
And just when I thought I had a handle on
all the other exciting big steps going on around me...
Journalfest registration opened today!

No comments: