Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What do YOU do when its -32 ?

(Actually with the windchill it was -48 (so I guess I should tell you what I ate :)

Today, I played in the studio all day. It felt so good. One boy was sick, one girl didn't have playschool today and one boy stayed home from school...just because it was so cold. They watched TV for awhile and then we made a huge mess with paint, brushes and sponges, paper and journals and some very small Lord of the Rings figures... and then many hours later we cleaned it all up and ate leftover spaghetti.


Its been so long since I have had the time to just play with paint without it being a commission or in preparation for teaching. It was so wonderful. It fills me up in away that nothing else can and yet I easily neglect to make time for it.

I NEED to make more time for "that" in my life.

There are only two kinds of freedom in the world; the freedom of the rich and powerful, and the freedom of the artist and the monk who renounces possessions.

~Anais Nin


...and well of course due to my recent Missy Higgins obsession...we also spent a lot of time listening to her.




No comments: