Monday, August 28, 2006

Whew.
The Fringe "drawing marathon" is over once again for another year. What an amazing and exhausting 11 days it was! From the word go, I barely had time to turn my head away fom my easel, drawing over 450 people this year. So many things go through my mind as I draw but i have to admit that the thought of a massage when this was all over was definately something that ran through my mind more than once.

Thanks so much to everyone that I drew, especially those of you who stood so patiently in my two hour line ups (in the hot, hot sun!) I especially want to thank all my dedicated repeat customers; 4 years, 6 years and even some of you for over 10 years in a row! I'm sorry I don't always remember all your names or remember exactly how many times I've drawn each of you, but I do love hearing about what you've done with your drawings and the stories from your past year.
Thanks to my Mom for sharing my tent with me once again and face painting up a storm. (Especially the full body painting that my daughter Piper requested daily.)
Thanks to my kids for all playing so wonderfully at the back of my tent throughout the week. You were amazingly patient and remarkably content!
Thanks to Chris, the magician for letting my nine year old son Ryllan hang out with him and learn some magic tricks. And of course thanks to Ryllan for entertaining my line up with his new card tricks.
To my vendor neighbors — thanks to Peter for always inspiring me to rethink the box and for proving by example what really is possible in life. —and much love to Ananda who really had an emotionally challenging Fringe this year.
Thanks to new and old friends for stopping by to say hi and for bringing me a cool drink on those hot nights or a hot drink on the cool ones.

But most of all thanks to my wonderful husband Mark for my morning lattes and for making everything run relatively normal in our lives even though I am drawing 12-14 hours a day.

Now, I'm off to get that massage...

No comments: