Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I wish you sunshine on your path
and storms to season your journey.
I wish you peace in the world in which you live...
More I cannot wish you except perhaps love to make all the rest worthwhile.

~Robert A. Ward
Painting drip people has been consuming a lot of my energy lately
...on altered books, birch panels and clipboards.

Tonight, sitting here,
I realized how much those random splotches
(where the paint used to be)
are like our lives....
in that the defining shape and length of our life
happens totally at random,
without our choice or control.

I guess all we can do is colour in
the space and time that we are given,
as individually and courageously
as we can.

5 comments:

Gina Marie Dunn said...

I just stumbled across your blog and was captivated by your amazing artwork and inspirational words. Thanks for helping me start off the day with a touch of beauty!

Bãpp said...

Amazing as always Cathy,
may you and your family have a great Xmas and New Year ,
jan :)

Tad Barney said...

Wonderfully said and wonderfully depicted Cathy.

Tricia said...

I love this - thank you for your talent of putting into words what we all feel -

Caricature Girl said...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments!