Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Living an Authentic Life
We are able to laugh when we achieve detachment,
if only for a moment.
~May Sarton

I believe authenticity is one of the most undervalued concepts in society. There is so much pressure to not be authentic...to pretend to be: someone else (without problems or issues), someone who is successful and/or someone who lives a life fulfilling the expectations that exist around us.

Even though I was fortunate to be given that freedom from my parents (by how I was raised) I still struggle with that true dialogue of what I am here to say in this life and the courage to speak up.

I crave to meet people there, in that place of no expectation.
I ache to see people as they really are (instead of how they think they need to pretend to be)
....and I want people to really see me.

No comments: