Thursday, June 21, 2007

Gypsy

"I'm a gypsy in spirit only," she confessed. "I travel in gardens and bedrooms, basements and attics, around corners, through doorways and windows, along sidewalks, up stairs, over carpets, down drainpipes, in the sky, with friends, lovers, children and heroes; percieved, remembered, imagined, distorted and clarified." ~ Tom Robbins character "Amanda" from "Another Roadside Attraction"

I've recently realized that even though I currently don't often travel to foreign lands I do go on an adventure with each painting. I love traveling and for many years it was more than just "what" I did, it was a huge part of "who" I was. I now approach my paintings the same way I used to travel. Its so wonderful to journey through colours and lines, shapes and feelings, intuitiveIy feeling my way around. I rarely have a clear destination in mind, although I absolutely must know what my intention is. How wonderful to go on these journeys and find treasures along the way.

1 comment:

LINDSAY said...

Love these paintings! I too feel like I'm on a journey with each painting I do. I once read creating art was like running away, without ever leaving home. I can agree with that.