Sunday, December 07, 2008

"It smells like Christmas in here..." ~Ryllan, my 11 year old son

Thanks to Shanna for sending me this photo from a gig I did last week. It was my favorite drawing of the night and since I always forget my camera she kindly offered to send me photos from hers.

I'm enjoying drawing caricatures MORE than ever this Christmas season and I feel really fortunate to be able to do this for a living. Thanks to everyone who has hired me so far and for all the gigs I have still to draw at.

Yesterday, we bought and decorated our Christmas tree. The kids thought of it and insisted on it, otherwise it probably wouldn't have been done until much closer to Christmas. I'm always so busy in November and December with Christmas party gigs and Christmas commissions that I am often unable to slow down long enough to think about our own Christmas celebration.
Since there really is no other room in our home, except the studio, that can support a huge temporary addition like a tree, that's where it had to go.

It looks really nice in there, and I'm glad its up because it does smell like Christmas.

No comments: